Wednesday 23 March 2011

Lily Allen’s-Riches to Rags


I was going to blog about this last week, but wasn’t quite sure what I thought about the show, but watching last night’s episode, I have to say, I’m a fan. Now for those that haven’t seen the show it follow Lily, her sister Sarah and there ‘brand manager’ as they set about opening a rent and buy vintage clothes shop in London.


Now before I go on I must say I have read a lot of the negative comments in the press about Lily not wanting Fame and then doing the show, and about how much of a success the shop really is, HOWEVER the this is not what interests me, yes Lily is being very honest, but the thing that I like about the show is the business. They are starting with a lot of Lily’s own money, but the chemistry between the girls and they ins and outs of starting a business is something that I think makes great TV. It isn’t easy for anyone starting a business we all have to put in hours and I was impressed (in this week’s episode) with Sarah’s real dedication to the business. Yes they were pitching at Coutts which is a lovely environment to pitch, but she is still pitching.


The programme is a little backwards, but that for me is one of the things that make it watchable. You are seeing two sisters embark on a journey, doing something that they have no previous knowledge in and giving it a go. Personally I think that that is refreshing and courageous. Having started a business myself with no past experience, I can really feel for the girls. I know that they are starting from a different point than most businesses but the fact that they want to do something that takes guts and time (not just invest it in someone else’s business) shows the passion that they both have for this venture.


I know that many people have different views on this programme, but I wish them all the best of luck and look forward to tuning in next Tuesday night at 10pm after Katie: my beautiful friends (which deserves it own blog post) .

No comments:

Post a Comment