Wednesday 9 March 2011

International Women’s Day, Pancakes and the Adjustment Bureau



Yesterday was International Women’s Day- a global day celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future- as well as one of the nation’s best loved celebrations –Pancake Day! Unfortunately I had meetings and prior engagements (doesn’t prior engagements have such a lovely sound to it) for most of the day and so I couldn’t attend any of the International Women events I was invited too (I wish I could, they all sounded great).



Instead I helped my Mum put on a Pancake Party and then collapsed in front of the film ‘Adjustment Bureau’ after eating far too many nutella pancakes....and WOW what a film! The concept was really interesting and as a Christian I thought it tackled some interesting questions, on a non-religious level it is also a very thought provoking film. Considering the way so many of us have 5 and 10 year plans, it really turned made me think about why we do thing, the way we strive for certain things and the thought process behind decisions. I obviously do not believe in the ‘Adjustment bureau’ in the manner that it is portrayed in the film, but I do believe in God and Angels.



I do not want to give anymore away, but I would really recommend that if you get the chance to see the film then do, I hope that you are all still feeling slightly sick from the amount of pancakes you have eaten (that being a fairly good indicator of how good your pancake evening was) and that all the Women out there are feeling stronger, prouder and a little bit taller that they are an amazing, incredible and world changing Women!



Also I would recommend readying http://onlyhumantoo.wordpress.com/ this is my blog of the week.



Keep smiling,
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment