Monday 13 June 2011

Balance



I am sat writing this post as I wait by my phone for a couple of phone calls- well you have to be productive- this post came out of the blue and I think is more of a response to the fact that I am ill.



I find that I use the word ‘balance’ as a kind of mantra in life. For me ‘balance’ is what I’m aiming for, whether its balance in work and home life or in time in the office and time spent out of it. I see ‘balance’ as being somehow the perfect medium. Now Balance has a lot of meaning or uses (thank you Wiki) but to me balance is all about not falling down, about a bit of everything and keeping in control. One of my favourite definitions of balance is




‘A state of equilibrium or parity characterized by cancellation of all forces by equal opposing forces.’




I love the idea of being neutral. I think that the link to emotional stability is vital for me (I tend to work on the edge of stress a lot better, but I know that it’s not healthy.) just because I like to think I’m balanced does not mean that I am J we all have to aim for something. I am just very aware that I’m a work-a-holic I love getting involved with things and making things happen, and that can often be detrimental to many aspects of life, health being a vital one. Balance however is not an excuse for me to be lazy or not work, but it’s a reminder of a bigger picture. For many, business and work can get all consuming and I often need a reminder that the world and life itself is a lot bigger than that. For me my mantra is about reminding myself that to be my best and achieve what I want to achieve, I cannot focus solely on one aspect of life and forget the others. So that’s my current saying :)

Also things that have happened in the world of Ruth-
-crashed my car, thankfully no one was hurt, but I currently have a courtesy car while they fix mine
-I have been accepted as one of the 50 UK Female Enterprise Ambassadors
-The first StairSteadys have landed in Ireland- so exciting and I will hopefully put up some pictures when I get them
- I am currently living in an exam obsessed household and my brother does his GCSEs and my sister her A levels. I am so glad I don’t have to do them again.
- We installed a demo unit in Wiltshire, which meant I was lucky enough to spend a few days down there last week, great view, great food and great business.
- I officially have the most horrific coldy flu thing. Having so much vitamin c and Echinacea, I just hate being ill. (not enough balance)




So all in all an eventful week.



Does anyone else have a mantra?

No comments:

Post a Comment