Friday 16 October 2009

Women of the Future Award

I am very privileged to have been shortlisted for a ‘Women of the Future’ Award (thank you very much Tanya Budd for nominating me!). I am in the Young Stars category and last Friday I went down to London to be ‘judged’. This was not as scary as it sounds, more of an interview. My category is really nice as we all come from different industries and we are all there for different reasons there is Mazeda Begum who is a student (unfortunately I didn’t get to meet her) but I did have the pleasure of meeting Nikki Cusworth a young engineer for Rolls-Royce, Georgia Groom who is an actress (some of you will know her from Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging), Alice Powell a racing-driver who races with Manor and last but not least Mishka Rushdie Momen a pianist.
It was so nice to meet everyone and we all found we had a lot in common (some of even lived quite close to each other). Luckily for us we have all achieved great things in our chosen area, so the judges have a hard job. It is a lot nice that in other categories there are friends that I met at the Management Today events (we were all on the 35 women under 35 list together) were also up for awards.
It was especially nice to see Laura Stevenson of Sadler’s Wells and Jade Tong of DTZ who are also up for awards, good luck everyone!

For more infocheck out the Women of the Future website http://womenofthefuture.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment